WordPress mailchimp integration
Subscribers !!! How to get 30 to 40 new subscribers weekly via mailchimp to your website. I post regular updates in my blog and feed it to my rss. But updating all your subscribers with your latest post is a complex part for your blog. So I use mailchip wordpress plugin to handle the task. Mailchimp for wordpress is a nice plugin to handle blog’s mailing list and to send rss driven mail for latest posts. Lets get started with Wordpress mailchimp integration.
- A wordpress blog (self hosted)
- Mailchimp account
- Mailchimp Plugin for wordpress which you can download @ here.
- Some coffee and a good mood.
Setting up the mailchimp account
For now just forget the wordpress part. Lets set up our mailchimp account properly. Visit Mailchimp Signup Form and fill up the details.
After filling up this form you need to activate your account. Once done, then you need to complete 4 more steps. Next step is to add First & Last Name.
Write about your business information. Note that this step is necessary. Though you can edit this info later on still update these information properly because these are going to be used by campaigns.
Fill up this form properly because these information is going to be used in footer of your email.
Details about your business type.
Connect to social networks, for now I skeep this step.
This step is optional. It just prompts user to subscribe to official mailchimp site. For now I am skipping this step.
After completion of all these steps you will see a dashboard page as follows:
Creating a new list in mailchimp account
Setting up a new Rss driven campaign
Then select RSS Campaign
Enter feed url. You can get your wordpress feed url by visiting http://yourblog.com/feed.
Select time interval, fixed time and days for your campaign then go to next step by clicking next button on bottom right.
Choose a list, then choose send to entire list and click next. Then set up your mail overview i.e, “from name”, “from email” and subject line. Here your mail subject would be post feed title but you can always change whatever you want. For a detail about mailchimp merge tags refer this. Fill up all required fields and click next. Now choose a basic form template and click next. Design your form template according to your wish and use mailchimp rss merge tags to add post related data.
Check preview and continue. And resolve any kind of issue.
Finally click next and start the campaign.
Mailchimp WordPress setup
- In your wordpress install mailchimp plugin and set the API key for mailchimp.
- Set API key retrieved from mailchip account -> extras -> API keys
- Make sure you see the Mailing List created at mailchimp account.
Setting up Mailchimp Form
- Go to mailchimp -> Form and choose first name, last name and email address.
- Save the form and go to settings Tab.
- Choose the List displayed there. New subscribers are going to land in that list when they subscribe from this form.
- Choose additional option on you choice and save the settings.
Displaying Mailchimp Form in your website
- Visit your wordress website and click customize -> Sidebar widget.
- Click add a widget and choose mailchimp form.
- Save the settings.
Note: the mailchimp form is portable and can be integrated anywhere in your website.
WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. It is completely customizable and can be used for almost anything.
Now your latest post are automatically mailed by mailchimp. That’s all guys. I hope this Wordpress mailchimp integration tutorial helped you. You can comment on below for any kind of doubts and issues. Thanks for reading.